
What about grants, you say? Well, finding free money is like, uhm, pulling teeth.

How about scholarships, you ask? Sadly, I've been unable to find any scholarships for "middle aged white mothers undergoing a career change".

Then I had an idea ....

.... a wonderful, awful idea. Why not create a scholarship for myself? One where all the money goes directly to me.

After all, there's more than just tuition to worry about. There's instruments to buy,


and clinic fees,

and text books to purchase.

So tell all your friends and family to donate today to the new official "Send a middle aged, brunette, Polish-Ukrainian, Bull Terrier loving, hockey playing, mother of 4 to dental school" scholarship. Don't delay!!

(Cash, clothing and alcohol donations accepted.)

5 comments:
Maybe the AARP could scare some cash up for you when you tell them your a GREAT Aunt.
Regardless of my GREAT status, the AARP is around 52, not 42. Hence the "middle aged" vice "old" category.
Take your DD214 to the local VA and check out what they can do. or at least get in their system. Knowing that you are a vetran and servend in the Persian Gulf you are eligible for up to 100% of your t uition to be paif for by the VA. I am taking full advantage of this in the fall on top of my reserve benefits. So overall the government will be paying my tuition and a couple grand a month to get my degree..... If you want some links to resources I will shoot them your way.
Send me the links, but unless something has changed, I don't qualify. Both my cruises were in the Persian Gulf, but I was there between the two wars. I have my active duty GI bill, but it expires in Oct this year. I'd have to be activated for at least a year for the clock on that to be reset. I can get the reserve GI bill until I retire, however I have to be actively drilling to qualify, and that's not going to happen while I'm in dental school. So, feel free to donate some of your federal funds to my scholarship!
I've been there sister!!! That is why I virtually have a second mortgage on my education! 28 more years and counting!
Post a Comment