Monday, April 28, 2008

Update.

Besides the snow, here's what's going on in our life:

1. Our house still is not sold, but we have 2 parties that are interested in renting.
2. Last week we decided to definitely move to Phoenix so I could attend MWU College of Dental Medicine.
3. This week, United announced that it is going to double the number of planes that it's retiring. Continental Airlines no longer wants to merge with UAL because of the "corporate climate" and just how crappy it's doing financially.
4. There's no way to predict when Jim would get a bid to L.A. or S.F., which would mean commuting to Chicago for a year or more.
5. This week we decided to stay in Chicago-land and I will attend UIC College of Dentistry. This is the last of our "final" decisions as I officially withdrew my acceptance to MWU this morning.
6. As I got off the phone with the Dean of MWU-CDM, it began to snow. God really does have a sick sense of humor!
7. We'll be moving to the south side as soon as we can rent out or sell our house here in Crystal Lake.
8. Our first choice suburb is LaGrange, but Westmont, Downers Grove, Lombard & Elmhurst are on the list also.
9. We will forever be North-siders, so No, we will NOT become Sox fans. Go Cubs! Besides, the odds of the Tigers and the Cubs playing each other in the World Series are slim to none. And as they say, Slim just left the building, so I have no conflict of interest issues.
10. We're excited to be about an hour drive closer to Michigan for our trips home. I guess we'll be shopping at the Bolingbrook Ikea now instead of the Schaumburg one. Yes, Chi-town has 2 Ikeas.
11. Peter is ecstatic to be staying here and will play for the Chicago Mission again in the fall. He'll have to do a lot of his travel with families on the team because of my course load. So all of you Michiganders ... I know it will mean a lot to him to have you at his Detroit games.
12. And speaking of Detroit games .... Jonathan, you're still in charge of keeping an eye out for the 2008-2009 Red Wing's schedule. We'll need to plan our annual Euchre tourney/Red Wings game now that nobody will need to fly to Phoenix for the game!

2 comments:

Jon said...

I assume your moving closer to Michigan because we are moving to Michigan?

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, how else can we get you to house our 4 kids in that gorgeous new home of yours so we can live more comfortably in a tiny rental?? If we're too far you might not be willing to do the drive when we want you to bring them home for a visit. We're only thinking of you.