Sunday, July 06, 2008

Fall Classes

I forgot to mention last week that I registered for my fall semester. I have 20 credit hours total, but the contact hours will be far higher. I don't know exactly how much higher because the actual weekly schedule has not been determined. Our entire D1 class takes all the same courses at the exact same time. All 66 of us will get to know each other very well! But as an example, I do know that the 4 credit hours of Anatomy & lab actually meets for 8 hours each week, therefore, 8 contact hours to earn 4 credits.

Anatomy 315 & Lab - 4 credits
Comprehensive Care 314 - 6 credits
Oral Histology 451 - 4 credits
Microbiology for Dental Students 322 & Lab - 4 credits
Human Physiology for Dental Students 321 - 2 credits

Orientation is the week of Aug 18th and classes begin full speed on the 25th. We start dissecting our cadavers on day 1, very cool. The undergrad anatomy course that I took had a prosected cadaver. This time we get to do the cutting.

No comments: