Thursday, August 23, 2007

Whew!

I am so glad my DAT is done. I took it Wednesday and it went pretty well. I did average on most of it, but really rocked the biology, reading comprehension & perceptual ability sections (90, 96 & 97 percentile nationally). Those 3 sections are historically the ones most heavily weighted by dental schools. So, hopefully more interviews will come my way. Keep your fingers crossed.

In the meantime, my new semester started. I'm only taking Spanish this fall, so I should be able to relax a bit. Petey starts Bernotas Middle School next week as a big 6th grader. We went to orientation on Tuesday night and saw all his classrooms and he was able to practice his locker combo. All very exciting. Mitchell goes back to ODTC tomorrow after being home all week. The weather has been crappy (Mississippi humid &/or rain every day), so he's been quite wound up during this home visit. Ros & John start Kindergarten after Labor Day. If we remain in IL, they'll do a 2nd year of Kindergarten because the age cut-off here is Sept 1st. But, because they miss the cut-off by only a couple of weeks, we'll have the option of having them tested and "waived" into 1st grade if we feel they're ready. However, that's a long way off at this point.

Outside Bernotas Middle School right after orientation.
(And yes, that is my 5th child JD in the pix.)

One point I forgot to mention .... Bernotas Middle School is on a "campus" with North Elementary School. Guess what the highlight of orientation was? Yep, the elementary school's playground!

The upside-down gang.

Monkey Mitchell

Monkey Roslyn


Bus driver John


The attempted "action shot" of John on the slide.

3 comments:

rudi said...

Spanish, eh?
Mas cerveza por favor.

Head Clown - Circus Chaos Control said...

Cuantas? Hay "jug-o", "pot-a" y "schooner-ario"?

rudi said...

Un jug-o de Olde Style, gracias.

¡VAYA Cubbies!