Wednesday, July 18, 2007

End of a 24 year streak......


No, I'm not talking about the Cubbies. I'm referring to the fact that I have gone 24 years without a traffic ticket. Until today. While driving home from my Biochem class at NIU, one of Illinois' finest decided that the wide open spaces of the back country roads should not be enjoyed too much. Apparently, I was enjoying them 24 MPH too much, which translates into $95 worth of fun. It's just so easy to do in the Passat. I guess the GTI is not the only V-dub with fast .....

..... so when I was pulled over, I was hoping to be able to charm my way out of a citation. Imagine my disappointment when the trooper got out of HER car. She asked me if I had any good reason for going so fast. Of course what I was thinking was, "It's because I didn't see you or I would have slowed down!". How I actually responded was, "No". (I was traveling eastbound, a ways back behind a semi, and the trooper was traveling westbound behind a line of 4 cars, so she was well hidden.) Now, as I recall the event, all I can say is, Farfegnugen!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't think to say the reason you didn't see her was you were having a gab fest with me did ya! I am not sure that would have gotten you off or gotten you a bigger ticket! Do I need to split the tab? Kristin

Anonymous said...

Are you offering?? Because if I choose to go to traffic school (to keep the points off my license) it'll cost me $125 instead of $95. Who says the Secretary of State can't be bought!

Jon said...

Women drivers.....

Anonymous said...

Jon - I'm with you, they need to keep them from behind the wheel of state police cars!!

rudi said...

$95 bucks for 24 over is not bad at all. If you were in WI, you probably would have gone to jail. What you really need is a lawyer in the family who can get you out of tickets!

I have had a $275 speeding ticket before...don't ask me how much I was going over.

Anonymous said...

In IL if you're 30 MPH over it's an automatic court appearance, so at least I avoided that. However, I could do without the 20 points on my license!