Saturday, December 27, 2008

Give me 30 lashes

with a wet noodle for being such a slacker regarding my blog. Where do I start? How about a few bullet points:

~ My semester ended pretty well. My official grades aren't out yet but it looks like I earned a 3.3 GPA. Respectable but disappointing, especially because I missed an A in two classes by only 2 points!

~ After the last final the entire class (well, almost everybody) piled onto two rented trolleys and bar hopped throughout the city. Great fun was had by all, at least until the point when I left to catch the last train out of the city during the ice storm.

~ We fired another nanny. This time because she obviously had an undisclosed medical condition where she was fainting/passing out and we couldn't trust her to drive the kids around. Not to mention she had slept through the time to pick up Ros & John from school several times. We're in the process of finding our next (and hopefully last) nanny. It will be so nice when we can find someone who can become a part of the family.

~ Mitchell was home for the holidays and so was Jim so we had a nice relaxing time, despite the frozen pipes and mouse invasion.

~ Jim is taking Mitch back up to school as I write this because he leaves for a 6 day trip on Sunday. This will be the 3rd month in a row that he barely flew, that is until his days off. The company has the right to do that when you fly international but it's usually a rare occurrence. It's now happened more in 3 months than it has in his entire 13 years at United.

~ My big bro' et al are coming into town on New Years Eve so we can watch the Winter Classic together on t.v. (Red Wings vs Blackhawks on an outdoor rink at Wrigley Field). We tried to get tickets but to no avail. So I'll make wings and other good munchies and we'll make an afternoon of it in our warm living room. Unfortunately Jim will now miss it.

~ Next semester starts on Jan 5th. I have 24 credit hours and 35 contact hours. My classes include:
Physiology II
Histology II
Anatomy II
Biochemistry
Pathology
Comprehensive Care (radiology, perio, etc.)
Restorative Dentistry
Occlusion

~ I go on active duty for the Army Nat'l Guard on Jan 1st as the student recruiter.

I'll try to do a better job keeping this up to date, but if you really miss me you can visit my facebook page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAARRRRRRMMMMMYYY Training, SIR! Thought you fell off the earth. Can't believe all the bum nannies.
Yes, I do miss you. Please let me know how to get into your Facebook.
I sent a note about my dad to your
gmbt address.

P.S. How do you keep Mrs. Potato Head's butt from falling off?

Renee