Sunday, September 07, 2008

Week 2 in review ...

Nothing too eventful to report. We turned in our first graded tooth wax-up and had a quiz, neither of which have been returned to us with a grade yet. We dissected our cadaver's spinal column, once again it was very amazing. We opened the posterior side of the vertebrae with a chisel and mallet, then removed the dura mater to expose the actual spinal cord. Then we cut out a section to view the gray and white matter.

This week we dissect the chest and arm and all the neurovascular bundles that go along with it. We have a physiology test on Thursday, which should be fairly straight-forward, but we also have two projects due on the same day. Bring it on.

I'll post some b-day pix later this week when I need a study break. I'm off to bed, it's going to be a long week.

No comments: