One thing that was different this year is that I got injured for the first time in my hockey "career". I hyper-extended my left knee and landed on the ice with my knee making a loud and painful popping sound. The good news is that there was only 54 seconds left in the championship game, so I really didn't miss out on any ice time. Bad news is that I'm in a full leg immobilizer and need an MRI tonight. The doctor thinks I either tore my MCL or damaged my medial meniscus. So, I've got THAT going for me. Should be quite an adventure with dental school starting a week from today. I can't wait to hobble from Union Station to the pink line "L" stop 4 blocks away for my commute. But hey, did I mention that WE WON the tourney!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Puck Cancer.
For the 4th year in a row, my hockey team played in the "Puck Cancer" senior womens hockey tourney this past weekend, and WE WON! It was a blast!

One thing that was different this year is that I got injured for the first time in my hockey "career". I hyper-extended my left knee and landed on the ice with my knee making a loud and painful popping sound. The good news is that there was only 54 seconds left in the championship game, so I really didn't miss out on any ice time. Bad news is that I'm in a full leg immobilizer and need an MRI tonight. The doctor thinks I either tore my MCL or damaged my medial meniscus. So, I've got THAT going for me. Should be quite an adventure with dental school starting a week from today. I can't wait to hobble from Union Station to the pink line "L" stop 4 blocks away for my commute. But hey, did I mention that WE WON the tourney!!
One thing that was different this year is that I got injured for the first time in my hockey "career". I hyper-extended my left knee and landed on the ice with my knee making a loud and painful popping sound. The good news is that there was only 54 seconds left in the championship game, so I really didn't miss out on any ice time. Bad news is that I'm in a full leg immobilizer and need an MRI tonight. The doctor thinks I either tore my MCL or damaged my medial meniscus. So, I've got THAT going for me. Should be quite an adventure with dental school starting a week from today. I can't wait to hobble from Union Station to the pink line "L" stop 4 blocks away for my commute. But hey, did I mention that WE WON the tourney!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yikes! Sorry to hear that you hurt your knee. One the bright side, the walker you'll be using will really help you fit in with the young graduate students. ;o)
Congrats and ouch! Sounds like you had a blast.
Sorry to hear about your knee! That stinks! Good thing you have my godson looking out for yoju. He will be a great helper :)
Congrats on the tourney! You took a great picture despite your pain. It was great seeing you all. Next time I'll try to visit without the severe weather. I'm sorry we didn't get a multi-generation picture. What were we thinking?
Love, Deb
YeeHah! Go Talons!
I see you had to bolster your defense with Sam and Brit since I couldn't play for you : )
Glad you got some hardware. Feels good, eh?
Love, Renee
Post a Comment