Thursday, June 28, 2007
Quack! Quack!
After much stress and 3 business days of dealing with AADSAS (Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) to correct my screwed up GPA, my application was FINALLY verified and sent out to schools on Monday June 25. They screwed up my GPA so badly that my overall GPA went down from last year, which was mathematically impossible considering I'm carrying a 4.0 since returning to school! And, not surprisingly in the process I discovered that the GPA they calculated for me last year was incorrect also. I never even thought to double check their work because everyone knows that AADSAS does things their way. This year the error was so obvious that I immediately set up multiple spread sheets to get all my "ducks in a row". It was a good thing too because throughout the correction process they continued to want to make minimal corrections. I was able to quote published instructions by page and paragraph that they didn't even know about. All in all, the fiasco ended per the letter of their law and thus in my favor this year. Yeah me and my ducks. Who knows whether the GPA error last year caused me to miss out on any offers of admission. C'est la vive. I'm off to my hockey practice....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think WMU must have screwed up my GPA too. Maybe I'll look into that. Anyway, way to stick it to them and straighten it out!
I think Obie getting his stuffed duck back added moral support to my "ducks"!
Post a Comment